In this episode of the Potential Psychology Podcast Ellen talks to Chelle Taylor, child and family psychologist, about helping kids to manage stress and anxiety. Chelle is an expert in neurodevelopment and she explains how our brain responds to stress and why, for some kids, that response can be extreme.
Chelle shares her tips for helping kids to manage their emotions - tips that apply to grown ups too - and she encourages us all to learn more about how our brain and emotions work in order to live happier and calmer lives.
Chelle and Ellen also explore:
- How jumping on the trampoline or eating a crunchy apple can help to calm kids down
- Some counter-intuitive ideas for behaviour management
- he ways our kids tell us, without words, when they’re doing it tough, and
- Great books for understanding kids' brains and behaviour.
Thanks for listening!
I'd love to hear from you. Share your thoughts:
- In the comments below
- Share the show via the share icon in the player above.
- Say hi on social media...