"Go and see a psychologist because you want to be premium" - Dr Jo Mitchell
In our world the number 100 is of great significance. 100 is the basis of percentages, 100° Celsius is the boiling point of pure water at sea level, currencies use 100 subunits to make 1 unit, and a score of 100 in school is the perfect score!
Today we're excited to celebrate our 100th episode with a very special guest. We return to our roots by welcoming our first ever guest Dr. Jo Mitchell back to the show. Jo is the Director & Co-Founder of The Mind Room in Melbourne. She is a clinical and coaching psychologist who works with professionals and performers in sport, small business and creative industries. She is passionate about building lives with meaning. She and her team at The Mind Room believe that "if people know more about how their minds work, they suffer less and live more meaningful, connected and satisfying lives". As Jo and I discuss in this conversation, that's a philosophy that we share and one that made Jo the perfect person with whom to celebrate 100 episodes; where we've come from, where we've been and where we are going.
In this episode, Jo and I talk about:
- The changes, growth, and new contributions of the Positive Psychology and Wellbeing Science community
- How The Mind Room came to be and what drives it
- Why shared spaces and collaboration are important not only for clients but for psychologists as well
- The role of community in happiness and wellbeing
- How we can smash the stigma around mental illness by doing things differently
- What the wellbeing landscape looks like under lockdown
- The future of Wellbeing Science and practice and those who are taking the field into the future.
Thank you so much for sharing 100 episodes of the Potential Psychology Podcast with us. This conversation is a celebration of who we are and why we do what we do; to help us all to fulfill our potential. Listen in and please let me know what you think - and stay tuned for news about what's next for the Potential Psychology Podcast.
Are You Ready to Fulfil Your Potential?
Download your FREE copy of ‘Creating Thriving, Motivated Teams: A How To Guide’ by entering your details below
Thanks for listening! If you've enjoyed this episode we'd love it if you would: