Podcast Episode 108: Hope and Getting Ready for a New Year
"Hope is believing that the future will be better than what life is today and believing that we have the power to make that so."
Who else needs to hear that right now?
Want to know more? Well, hope is the hot topic for this episode of the Potential Psychology Podcast!
We've reached the conclusion of this weekly series "How To Thrive", a collaboration with positive psychology coach Marie McLeod. This series is all about exploring how to thrive and practicing the BEACON model; a model of thriving that Marie has developed to guide us through the simple steps to thriving and flourishing in life. The 6 'beams' of the BEACON model are:
Each one has a dedicated episode where we explore each of the beams and how they help us in our goal to thrive and flourish. Make sure you catch them all.
In this episode, Marie and I recap of our quest of getting better sleep from the Nurture episode, we discuss our plans and what we're looking forward to in 2022, and we explore:
- What's next for the "How to Thrive" series (hint: there's a documentary)
- Hope - what does it mean and why is it absolutely essential for our mental wellbeing?
- Tips for mapping out a vision of our "best possible future self"
- How to set intentions and take steps to plan our thriving year
- What's in store for 2022 (hint: e-learning and possibly an e-book)
Your last 'How to Thrive' quest:
- Visualise your "best possible future self." If everything went as well as it possibly could, what would your life look like?
- What goals are you going to set to bring that vision to life?
- Consider the potential obstacles and plan around them.
- Check-in frequently to see how you're going.
- You can use the resources mentioned here and in our previous episodes to help you with this exercise.
Are You Ready to Fulfil Your Potential?
Download your FREE copy of ‘Creating Thriving, Motivated Teams: A How To Guide’ by entering your details below
Thanks for listening! If you've enjoyed this episode we'd love it if you would:
Join the Potential Psychology Podcast Facebook Group.
Email me and let me know what you're enjoying and whether there's any topics YOU would love to learn about.