Podcast Episode 095: Exploring How Hypnosis Can Unlock the Power of the Mind with Erika Flint
"Most humans have been training for anxiety their whole life. We live in a mostly anxious society where it's all about hustling, getting straight A's...it's just really stressful. So (our) brain is designed for an anxious life. If we give our brain the practice in relaxing every single day, it's gonna get better at it." - Erika Flint
When we think of hypnosis we often imagine the magician with a swinging pocket watch. But hypnosis is more than a stage act. It's a genuine psychological therapy that helps us access deeper parts of our minds. Yet many of us still fear it. Today's guest is here to dispel common media misrepresentations and myths surrounding hypnosis.
Erika Flint is a Board Certified Hypnotist and Accredited Certified Professional Hypnotherapy Instructor. Her lifelong goal is to help bring hypnosis into mainstream healing and thinking.
In this episode, we talk about:
- What is Hypnosis and how does it work
- Dispelling fears surrounding hypnosis with science based facts
- How much is our behaviour driven by our subconscious
- How is hypnosis different from mindful meditation
- Is there such a thing as self-hypnosis?
- What is "hypnotic suggestion"?
- How can hypnosis help with stress management, goal attainment, high performance, and wellbeing
- How long does it typically take to realise results from hypnotherapy
- Are there any risk associated with hypnosis
- Where to start if you want to get hypnotherapy
Erika is also the author of the best-selling books "Reprogram Your Weight" and "Lighter", that combines leading edge hypnosis techniques with client success stories of weight loss.
Are You Ready to Fulfil Your Potential?
Download your FREE copy of ‘Creating Thriving, Motivated Teams: A How To Guide’ by entering your details below
Thanks for listening! If you've enjoyed this episode we'd love it if you would:
Join the Potential Psychology Podcast Facebook Group.
Email me and let me know what you're enjoying and whether there's any topics YOU would love to learn about.