Podcast Episode 99: Working In Your Zone of Genius with Kristy Smith
"The key thing is to know if it's in your 'zone of genius' or if you could actually hand that down to someone who can do it 10x faster. Let go of the need for control."
In this wonderful discussion my guest and I are talking work and business but not in terms of targets, revenue and turnover. We're talking about being human at work and the critical role that values, connection and heart play in getting things done and feeling good about what we do.
My guest is Kristy Smith, the energetic and inspiring Founder, Director & Driver of Virtual Elves, an outsourcing and business support team that serves small to medium sized businesses - including Potential Psychology - to do really fulfil their potential. As Kristy says, 'You have to let go to grow' - a philosophy that has helped me greatly here at PP.
In this episode, we talk about:
- The long and fascinating history of Virtual Elves and how Kristy was working with a work-from-home team well before the pandemic
- What is a Virtual Assistant, who needs one and how do they help small businesses to grow and small business owners to stay sane?
- Learning to let go and delegate in order to be more productive. An important life lesson.
- How Kristy got into the business of helping people and providing virtual support to others
- Building trust and camaraderie within a virtual community
- Uncovering your "zone of genius" and how that works across cultures and organisations
- The joys of working from home and understanding how disruption has lead to exciting breakthroughs in the way we work
- How working with remote teams has brought people closer and kept businesses afloat
Are You Ready to Fulfil Your Potential?
Download your FREE copy of ‘Creating Thriving, Motivated Teams: A How To Guide’ by entering your details below
Thanks for listening! If you've enjoyed this episode we'd love it if you would:
Join the Potential Psychology Podcast Facebook Group.
Email me and let me know what you're enjoying and whether there's any topics YOU would love to learn about.