Wowee it's been a busy week with emotional ups and downs, not quite enough sleep (only myself to blame, should get to bed earlier), the most protracted possibility of buying a house (two weeks just waiting to see a contract) and sunshine and rain (this is Spring in Victoria). In the midst of it I learned this:
- Opera Scholars Australia - it's The Voice with arias, ball gowns and black tie, and no-one over 26.
- A return to cold wet weather after a period of warmth and sunshine sends people (me) a little mental.
- Some days you just have to call it quits and hide under the doona (see point above re weather).
- You can't make cheese sauce with mozarella. I tried. Disaster.
- There's not one, not two, but three families of swans on our lake. Mums, Dads and gorgeous fuzzy cygnets.
- Jennifer Senior and why you don't have to make your kids happy.
- My front room will NEVER be tidy. (Haven't learnt to not let it get to me though).
- Don't compete, collaborate. There's room in this world for everyone to win.
And the week in pictures.